Technical Support Engineer
Seeking a Technical Support Engineer who is responsible for providing technical support, issue resolution and training to our clients, as well as partners in both the communications and electronic security fields.
- Provide technical support and issue resolution via e-mail and phone to clients and field technicians.
- Set up equipment and environment to simulate customer’s platform in order to assist the test and development of reproducing issues. Test defective equipment and process warranty and product returns
- Develop expertise on products and services to provide solutions to clients.
- Become knowledgeable/certified and receive ongoing education of system functionality (Intrusion, Access, Video, IT) – (Honeywell, Pro Watch, Hikvision, Spectrum, S2, DMP, Avigilon, Hanwa, etc.) – ESI telephone systems. Receive ongoing product training
- Perform remote programming changes – access, video, intrusion systems and ESI telephone systems
- Handle product registration for products, acquire permits, order materials-licenses-SUSP’s-SIP/Hosted services contracts
- Provide pre- and post-sales support to our sales team and resellers
- Pre-installation information gathering (data collection) for contract projects and programming as needed
- Assist in inventory control
- Post-install customer contact/follow up, to include quality assurance checks and collections of ideas to improve on future installs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in telecommunications or a related field.
- 2 years of technical support experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Proficient in Excel
- Capacity to investigate complex issues and identify root causes while providing permanent solutions. Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a high degree of professionalism and the ability to communicate with customers and partners.
- Passionate and self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly and independently.
- Team player capable to interact efficiently within a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Ability to deal with stress and highly demanding situation.
- 100% Employee Paid Health Insurance, Retirement, Flex Spending Medical Plan, Holiday Pay, Paid Vacation
- Opportunity to learn, grow and advance
- Ongoing, onsite and off-site, training opportunities
- Competitive pay-mobile phone, laptop and company vehicle
For consideration, your response should include your resume with your experience and pay scale to email@example.com.